Bishop W. L. Lucas was with the Apostolic Holy Church for twenty-one years. The Lord
revealed to him that the church needed to be reorganized but he could not reach
agreement with the other brethren. As a result, Bishop W. L. Lucas separated himself
from them and started the True Church of God in Christ . In the year of our Lord 1945,
the Lord blessed and added souls to the body such as should be saved. At this time,
Elder R. Martin, Elder Willie Fred Lucas, Sister F. B. Jones, Mother Mollie Lucas, and
Sister Martin were working together. The first assembly was held in September 1948 in
Thomasville, a suburb of Atlanta, GA in which the True Church of God in Christ, Inc.
was officially organized. We had a number of representatives from various parts of Georgia.