Bridging the Gap
Mother Jeffries believed in educating the sisters and mothers. She also believed in the power of saving money and knowing how to handle financial business well.
Today, Mother Boyd’s desire is to continue the legacy of those before her by empowering each sister to be the best version of themselves, fused together as a unified family working toward the same goal of building up the body of Christ.
This scholarship program was conceived to honor the life and legacy of our beautiful and excellent rose, Mother Mozelle Jeffries.
GET STARTED RIGHT AWAY!
Purpose of the Scholarship
The Purpose of the Mozelle Jeffries Woman of Excellence Scholarship Award is to provide each recipient with the opportunity to further their education by either obtaining a diploma in a trade
or an Associate, Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate degree from an accredited institution. The hope is that each recipient will use their learned skills to enhance the body of Christ.
The preferred recipient of the Woman of Excellence Scholarship Award will be a faithful, devoted and involved member of the True Church of God in Christ. She is also high achieving, self-motivated and aspires to obtain a higher level of education to realize her full potential.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Description of Scholarship
Each Woman of Excellence Scholarship will help cover a portion of the financial need of the recipient.
The scholarship award ranges from $250 to $1000.
- The dollar amount of each scholarship and the number of recipients will be determined each year by the Sisters of Unity (SOU) Mozelle Jeffries Woman of Excellence Scholarship Committee. The recipients will be announced during each year’s General Assembly Convention.
- Applicants may only be eligible to receive an award if they were not a recipient the previous year.
- Recipients must work with the True Church of God in Christ Sisters of Unity to complete a minimum of one church community event.
- Must be an active member of the True Church of God in Christ.
- Must have successfully earned their high school diploma or GED.
- Must provide proof of acceptance into an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Must work with the True Church of God in Christ Sisters of Unity to complete at least one Church Community Event after receiving an award.
- Applicants must submit an original and creative essay of 1000 words or less that demonstrates the importance of unity and answers the following questions:
- How did you demonstrate unity within the True Church?
- How can unity be improved within the True Church?
- Provide a letter of recommendation from the Official Church Mother of your local church.
- Must apply for eligible Federal and State grants.
Please submit a completed application and the additional documents listed above to Sister Asia Camp: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Monday, May 1, 2023